In order to study at THE ACTOR ACADEMY, Florida campuses, students will require an F-1 student visa.

Please note that the U.S. government prohibits studying full-time on a tourist visa.

In order to apply for a student visa, students will need an I-20 Certificate which will be issued to you by the TAA International Student Office. In order to be eligible to get an I-20 you would have to enroll in a full time class, which includes all workshops and programs except the one-week. two weeks and summer camp program.

Before issuing the I-20 certificate you must apply and be accepted to a program. Please click here to learn more about the process to apply for a program.

After you have applied to a program the International Student Office staff will email you the I 20 application and instructions on how to submit the required documents.

Once we have received all the proper documents for the I-20 certificate, we will process and send out the I-20 certificate via express courier within 3-5 business days. We will send you an email to confirm it has been sent and this email will include the SEVIS ID # and instructions on how to pay the SEVIS fee.

Please note that you must provide evidence that you have sufficient financial backing to receive an I 20 certificate and F1 student visa.



This school is authorized under Federal Law to enroll nonimmigrant students.

The United States receives foreign citizens who come to study in the United States. Before applying for a student visa, all visa applicants must be accepted and approved by this academic institution.


Application for Student Visa I-20 (M-1)



1. Valid Passport
2. High School Diploma or equivalent
3. Minimum age: 16 years old



  1. Complete the I-20 (M-1) application

  2. Send us copies of your passport, high school diploma or equivalent and birth certificate.

  3. Choose the program of study:

  4. Send the required deposit, according to program chosen.


A $350 SEVIS I-901 fee is required by the US Government to be paid for all I-20s. You can only pay this fee after your I-20 application has been processed and a SEVIS ID number has been created for you. 



Once you have your I-20 Certificate (or at least the SEVIS ID #), you can begin the process to apply for a student visa. 

*Canadian citizens: Canadians do not need to apply for a visa to study at TAA, but you do need to enter the US with student status. To enter the US in F-1 status you need the I-20 Certificate, proof of Canadian citizenship and financial documents that prove you have the funds available to pay for your tuition and living expenses.

In order to obtain an F-1, you must complete the DS-160 Visa Application and make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country for a visa interview. At this interview, they will decide whether to issue you a visa. 

At the interview, you will be required to provide evidence of your ability to pay for your tuition and living expenses in the US. You are also required to show evidence of ties to your country to prove that you are not planning to immigrate, such as family ties, residence, job or school. You may be asked about why you are choosing to study and how you will use the training when you return home. 

The length of time it takes to get a visa appointment varies in different countries. Please see this website for information on the time it takes to get a visa interview and be issued a visa in each US Consulate.

For more information on visas and to locate a Consular office, please click here

To see a list of Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.